Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Leaves of Change

We tend to think of fall and a few words usually come to mind, Halloween, Thanksgiving, apple cider, pumpkins, fall colors, cooler weather and change.

Whether it is change from summer to fall or warm weather to cooler temps. Change comes in many different forms and it means something different to everyone.

This fall has been full of change for me and my family. As we have watched the leaves turn from green to vibrant reds, oranges and yellows we have experienced one of the biggest changes we have ever had in any season. 

Tonight I write about change for the better. Exciting change. 

As many of you know, I have been a top producing salesperson in my industry for 9 years and most recently won an industry award called Rising Star. I know most of you would think, "this girl has got it figured out", or "what a strong women, mother, wife". Little did most of you know that I was completely unfulfilled, unhappy and most of all, I felt like I was failing at the most important things in life. I knew I had to make a change. 

After many late night discussions with my family and a lot of self reflection, I decided to leave my career and pursue goals and dreams that make me wake up each morning excited, relieved and passionate about the day ahead. 

I now get to wake up each morning at home with my family and do the things I love to do! How amazing and simple is that! That is where www.junquehippy.com was born! 

I get to spend my days with the love of my life and work together to create pieces and brainstorm ideas on fun products that range from recycled vintage soda bottles to vintage furniture that has been restored to it's glory days. And most important, I am finally happy! I can see changes in my children and my spouse everyday! My kids love to have me around, and so does my spouse (which was a little surprising, as I know when I was gone for weeks at a time our house was the ultimate bachelor pad. Three boys, take-out, video games and no cleaning).

But all jokes aside, I ask for your support in our new adventure and I look forward to sharing our journey with you! 

Here are a few pics of my family for you to enjoy! 







Happy Fall! 


No comments:

Post a Comment